Schirmmacher - From the past to the present!
Schirmmacher has a long company history, closely intertwined with the umbrella production industry. The great-grandfather of Christian Ströhle (current owner) was active in the umbrella sector as an umbrella maker. The origin of the company, however, can be primarily seen in the founding of an umbrella factory by Christian Ströhle's grandfather.
1950: The beginning of an umbrella factory
- As the son of an umbrella maker, Hans Ströhle founded a small umbrella production company in Götzis in the 1950s. What began on a small scale quickly started to grow. At one point, 30 employees in the small umbrella factory were busy supplying specialist shops throughout Austria and southern Germany. The Ströhle company quickly made a name for itself and became known for supplying quality local umbrellas.
1980: The journey towards becoming an advertising umbrella specialist
- In the 1980s, umbrellas were discovered as a popular advertising medium. At the same time, sales in the classic umbrella market were declining. The Ströhle company reacted to this trend and very quickly began to specialise in promotional umbrellas. As part of this reorientation, the import of umbrella frames and eventually entire umbrellas continued to increase over time, while the product range and printing options also continued to expand.
2000s: Product range expansion - Parasols and tents
- The range was broadened to include parasols and tents as ideal additions to the product selection. As always, we attached great importance to ensuring a wide variety of designs and tailored design options from the very outset.
2019: An online company is born – Schirmmacher goes digital!
- A new era began in 2019. Christian Ströhle, grandson of the original company founder Hans Ströhle, stepped up to bring the traditional umbrella business into the modern age. A young e-commerce company under the name Schirmmacher (CST GmbH) was created. Umbrella know-how from the original Ströhle company went hand in hand with the new opportunities afforded by digitalisation. The focus was and remains on quality, reliability and an excellent price-performance ratio. Digital functions that offer customers additional services were gradually added and continue to be developed.
Since 2020: Internationalisation
- Internationalisation measures were taken to overcome linguistic and geographical barriers and to supply customers throughout Europe. Having begun in Germany and Switzerland, the path led us to Poland. The first non-German-speaking country marked another big step in the company’s history. In just a short time, Schirmmacher developed into one of the leading suppliers of individually printed umbrellas, parasols and folding tents. Customers come from a wide range of economic sectors throughout Europe - from industrial, trade, services and commerce to gastronomy and the hotel industry. An English-language website has also been developed for clients from all over the European Union.